PCI IN 6: ACHIEVE SAFE AND STABLE SAME-DAY DISCHARGE
PCI in 6 is brought to you by Terumo Interventional Systems and is centered around the ability to get patients discharged within 6 hours post PCI procedures.
With technological advancements and increased operational efficiencies, multiple studies have shown that a same-day discharge (SDD) pathway can be executed with successful implementation of guidelines and protocols. Historically, the standard protocol for PCI procedures included a 24-hour observation (inpatient or short-stay).
- Data suggests that adverse events and complications greatly decrease after 6 hours post procedure.1
- PCI in 6 will offer the right protocols and guidelines to support your same-day discharge program.
- These tools are closely supported by current guidelines.*
BENEFITS OF SAME DAY DISCHARGE POST PCI
- SDD improves patient satisfaction with no difference in outcomes, repeat hospitalizations or overall complications.²
- SDD can potentially improve patient satisfaction due to avoidance of longer hospital stays.
- SDD provides the patient with less exposure to the hospital environment, allowing for patient alleviation of fear and patient confidence.
- SDD allows for a better utilization of staff resources, allowing you to treat more patients.
- SDD increases hospital bed availability and can save U.S. health care system between $200-$500 million per year.²
For more information about PCI in 6 and pertaining tools, contact your local territory manager.
- Groves, Elliott, and Mladen I Vidovich. “Length of Stay After PCI.” American College of Cardiology, 5 Aug. 2019.
- Lynn, Bryce, et al. “Same Day Discharge Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention.” Poster presented at CV Summit; 2018.
*2018 SCAI Guidelines.